Garry Landreth shares part of his “Making Contact with Children” workshop on this hour-long video. He shows how to see the world through a child’s eyes, and examines the essential dimensions in facilitating the play therapy relationship. He also talks about the four healing messages, and demonstrates how to release the inner nature of a child, empower the child, and build the child’s self esteem.
Topics explored are:
* Essential dimensions in facilitating the play therapy relationship
* Seeing the world through the child’s eyes
* The four healing messages
* Necessary conditions for facilitating children’s emotional growth
* Releasing the inner directed nature of children
* Empowering children: Helping them discover their own resources
* Building children’s self-esteem
* Issues involved in participating in children’s play
In this one hour video, Dr. Garry Landreth treats viewers to an inside look at his “Making Contact with Children Through Play” workshop. Discusses the elements typical of play behavior, and demonstrates four important messages children reveal in play. Therapists learn how to let the child lead the play therapy relationship, and how to identify important happenings in play therapy sessions.