2023 AZAPT Annual Conference- Treating Childhood Abuse and Trauma: A Trauma-Focused Play Therapy Approach Presented by: Sueann Kenney-Noziska, MSW, LCSW, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor™
February 17 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
6 Hours of Live Contact CE
A trauma-focused play therapy approach for treating childhood abuse and trauma will be presented. Trauma-informed play therapy interventions founded on components of evidence-based treatments per the National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) will be discussed. Clinical examples will be provided.
This workshop is designed to combine literature, research, and clinical practice. An emphasis will be placed on providing and linking play therapy interventions to components of trauma treatment for victims of childhood abuse and trauma across modalities including individual, family, dyadic, and group therapy.
Lecture and case examples will provide participants with a comprehensive learning experience.
Following the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify core components of trauma treatment as defined by the National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN)
- Link specific trauma-focused play therapy interventions to core components of trauma treatment
- Describe a minimum of 10 trauma-focused play therapy interventions
- Describe how posttraumatic play can be used in clinical practice with abused and traumatized children
- Discuss countertransference and self-care as they apply to using trauma-focused play therapy with abused and traumatized children and adolescents
- Articulate cultural influences which impact the use of trauma-focused play therapy in trauma treatment
Intermediate Level | Play Therapy Special Topics | 6 Live Contact APT CE