Big Behaviors in Small Containers
*Pre-order- order yours today! Will ship as soon as they arrive: anticipated late April/ early May.
When it comes to working with dysregulated children, sometimes the biggest behaviors come in the smallest containers.
From tantrums and defiance to self-injury and withdrawal, even the most skilled professionals find themselves focused on extinguishing the troubling behavior rather than stepping back to ask: What is the underlying emotional need?
In Big Behaviors in Small Containers, you’ll find 131 practical, fun, and ready-to-use play therapy interventions that shift the paradigm around problematic behaviors to allow for therapeutic growth and healing.
- Based on TraumaPlay®, a treatment approach that prioritizes attachment, co-regulation, and the science of the stress response system, the interventions inside will help kids:
- Develop a sense of safety and security
- Expand their window of tolerance
- Cope adaptively with anger, anxiety, and other strong emotions
- Enhance their emotional literacy
- Strengthen social skills and self-esteem
- Challenge and overcome unhelpful thoughts
- Develop a coherent narrative around trauma and other difficult experiences
- And more!
Whether you’re a therapist, teacher, doctor, caregiver, or trusted grown-up in a child’s life, the tools inside will allow you to become the co-regulating, nurturing, and consistent presence that your “small container” needs to remain grounded in the face of stress, big feelings, and difficult situations.
- Publication Date:
- Apr 26, 2022
- Number of Pages:
Parents & Caregivers, Preschool & Early elementary Age, Professionals, School Mental Health Professionals