"[B]eautiful as well as heartfelt. [BLOOM] touches on so much of the core and essence of expressive approaches!" — Cathy Malchiodi, PhD, LPAT, LPCC, ATR-BC, REAT, Founder & Director of the Trauma-Informed Practices and Expressive Arts Therapy Institute
BLOOM is both a story and expressive arts experientials in one!
Told from the perspective of a young girl who lives in a lotus flower, the story explores her experience and healing from a "dark feeling." Using child-friendly language and the analogy of the wilting and blooming of her lotus, BLOOM encourages children to make connections to their own lives and emotions, especially those struggling with depression. Through illustrations inspired by the Kerala Mural Painting style from South India, BLOOM also provides activities to explore the expressive arts to create, grow, and, ultimately, heal and bloom!
In addition to the story BLOOM, you're invited to explore the expressive arts through:
- Grounding techniques;
- Movement and sculpting experiments to better understand how your body reacts to and can heal from different emotions;
- Identity explorations using story, sound, and movement;
- Art-making introductions to Polyvagal Theory and Bilateral Stimulation Drawing to help regulate feelings and sensations, and
- Activities that encourage connection between children and caregivers.
- BONUS: Learn the basics of Kerala MuralPainting and its connection to Indian culture.
25%of the proceeds of each book purchase will be donated to provide access to education and counseling services for the children of India.
- Susanna Fields-Kuehl
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.