While depression is a common problem in our world today, it often goes unreported and untreated. And sadly, many youth believe they are alone in their pain. Children and teens may not know how to identify their troubling thoughts and emotions, so they need the adults in their lives to recognize their cries for help.
This book will equip counselors, educators, and family members with a detailed understanding of depression and offer tools for intervention so no student or peer goes unnoticed in their struggle.
In this book, you’ll discover:
- Symptoms of depression
- Different types of depressive disorders
- How to identify depression versus sadness
- The connection between depression and other mental illnesses
- How school staff can support students with depression
- Successful management of depression
Each chapter includes a case study that illustrates an aspect of dealing with depression, along with questions to apply the book’s principles in your own context. In addition, Dr. Marsh provides a comprehensive list of tools adults can use to
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.