Revised and updated edition helps educators increase rigor and depth for all advanced and gifted learners to fulfill their potential.
With increasing numbers of students receiving gifted services every year, it’s more important than ever for differentiated instruction to go beyond adjusting content levels, task complexity, or product choice–it must truly challenge and support learners on all levels: academic, social, and emotional. This award-winning resource in the field of gifted education has been revised and updated to include:
- a discussion of underserved learners–particularly English language learners, students with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and economically disadvantaged students
- updated information on learning standards, MTSS, and universal screening
- new guidelines for honors courses
- a focus on scholarly questioning, ethics, and empathy
- a novel new strategy to increase curricular depth and ss
- new tools to increase achievement, plus a discussion of “underlearning”
- the benefits of coaching and lesson study
- the authors’ perspectives on and guidelines for grading
Downloadable digital content includes customizable reproducible forms and a PDF presentation; a free PLC/Book Study Guide for use in professional development is also available.