How Long Does It Hurt?
This groundbreaking book speaks directly to sexually abused teenagers. How Long Does It Hurt? is the revised and updated edition of the best-selling book written by an incest survivor for future survivors. This step-by-step guide speaks directly to victims of sexual abuse to help them come to grips with what is happening to them and overcome their feelings of isolation, confusion, and self-doubt.
Preface to the First Edition.
Preface to the Revised Edition.
PART ONE: The Hurting Begins.
1. You’re Not Alone.
2. Is What Happened Really Abuse?
3. Internet Sex Crimes.
PART TWO: Blowing the Whistle.
5. What Will People Say?
6. What’s Happening to Me?
7. Living with Your Family After You Tell.
8. Going to Court.
PART THREE: Forward Motion.
9. Healing Is a Choice.
10. Respecting How You Survived.
11. Making Way for Your Future.
12. Forgiving: Will You or Won’t You?
13. Sex: What It Is, What It Isn’t.
PART FOUR: Things to Know.
14. What You Should Know About Offenders.
15. What Friends of Victims Should Know.
16. What Some Survivors Would Like You to Know.
|Dimensions||9.06 × 6.1 × 0.86 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.