My Grief Is Like The Ocean
A Story for Children Who Lost a Parent to Suicide
This book will:
- Help children and caregivers talk about their grief experiences
- Normalize and encourage the many emotions a child may feel after a loss due to suicide
- Promote important dialogue and concrete ways to seek help for mental illness
- Provide caregivers with ideas for developmentally appropriate coping skills
- Offer additional resources caregivers can access for further support
The death of a parent is heartbreaking, but the issues surrounding suicide can be even more devastating. My Grief is Like the Ocean was written by mental health professionals who wanted to support caregivers during incredibly difficult conversations with children. Using the latest research and clinical guidance, and told from the perspective of a boy who lost his father to suicide, this book will help children to feel supported. When caregivers and children read this book together, they will gain a valuable resource for engaging in honest, informative and heartfelt discussions to help families heal.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.