Teen Choices Workbook – Ester R.A. Leutenberg and Dr. John J. Liptak
Life is about making choices. Today’s teens live in a far more challenging atmosphere than past generations and they face many important choices that both positively and negatively affect their growth and development. Their success in life is a result of the choices they make as they mature and that those that they will make in the future.
During adolescence, making effective independent choices is often a point of contention between teens and adults (parents, teachers, grandparents, etc.). As teens mature, they face increasing demands to learn to make choices more independently and to take more responsibility for their own choices. Choices allow teens to change how they are currently living their lives (if they are not happy where they are) or continue to live responsibly by making even more effective choices. LOOK INSIDE
Teen Choices Workbook contains five separate sections to help participants learn more about choices they have made and choices they have yet to make in their lives:
• Teen Action Choices helps teens analyze the factors that primarily influence the decisions they make and define how effectively they are using their time.
• Teen Relationships Choices helps teens examine how they make choices about acquaintances, friends, best friends, and dating friends.
• Teen Cultural Differences helps teens explore how accepting and receptive they are to people who are different from themselves.
• Teen “Not-So-Great” Choices helps teens reconsider the choices they made in the past that were not successful and outline more effective decision-making techniques.
• Teen Risk-Taking Behavior helps teens investigate both the positive and the negative risks they have taken and discover ways to choose healthy risks.
The Teen Choices Workbook is designed to be used either independently or as part of an integrated curriculum. Assessments and journaling exercise may be used effectively with either individuals or with a group. The following tools are included in each section:
• Assessment instruments
• Activity handouts
• Reflective questions for journaling
• Educational handouts
|Dimensions||10.9 × 8.8 × 0.5 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.