Why Are You So Sad?
A Child's Book About Parental Depression
Author: Beth Andrews
When a parent has depression, children often feel sad and confused themselves. This interactive book can help by:
- Explaining depression and its treatment in kid terms
- Reassuring children that their parents can get better
- Exploring the many feelings children usually have
- Helping children understand and express their feelings
- Providing practical tips for coping with a parent’s depression
- Showing children how they can feel better too
Why Are You So Sad? contains a comprehensive and authoritative note to parents by therapists from the disciplines of clinical social work and clinical psychology.
Defines depression, identifies depression treatments, and provides many self-help options for those coping with a depressed parent. Includes a note to parents and spaces for writing questions or drawing to help express emotions and concerns.
A Child's Book About Parental Depression - Beth Andrews