Simply, attachment is the way that we connect to each other. Without attachment, people feel alone to deal with challenges they face, which leads to distress, dysfunction and mental health disorders. It is possible to repair dysfunctional attachment, but first it is necessary to recognize attachment style, unhealthy relationship patterns, and the impact they are having.
Improve your client’s relationships by teaching them strategies to feel more connected, reestablish trust, and restore positive emotions. Dr. Christina Reese, a recognized attachment and trauma professional, has created a comprehensive guide that explains attachment over a lifetime, and offers trauma-informed approaches to treat attachment at any age.
- Clinical examples, handouts and worksheets to use with clients of all ages
- Recognize attachment styles
- Identify key symptoms of attachment difficulties and their inception
- Interventions that repair attachment traumas to heal stress, shame, and anxiety
- Techniques to help clients improve their relationships (children, parents, friends, and significant others)