In the book, I have outlined activities that siblings can do on their own, or with parents and/or siblings. To make the most of the message given in the book, as well as from the activities provided, it is my hope that siblings and family members will:
- Have a tool that will help make siblings of special needs children more visible in the family unit;
- Give a voice to siblings that represents how real their feelings and concerns are, even when they aren’t always able verbalize those things;
- Help to provide a greater level of understanding by strengthening communication, patience and respect among family members;
- Show that there is so much more than the labels these families are given and offer some insight into how they can learn to advocate for their children; and
- Remember that each of us brings something beautiful and unique with us into the world that we can learn from, and teach others about. And that’s so powerful.