Readers will find the latest information on such topics as:
* Behavioral family intervention for childhood anxiety
* Working with parents of aggressive school-age children
* Preventive parent training techniques that support low-income, ethnic minority parents of preschoolers
* Treating autism and Asperger’s Syndrome
* Parenting and learning tools including role playing and modeling positive and effective parenting styles
Offering practical advice and guidance for parent training, each chapter author begins by identifying a specific problem and then describes the best approach to identifying, assessing, and treating the problem. In every instance, descriptions of therapeutic techniques are multimodal and integrate theory, research, implementation strategies, and extensive case material.
Handbook of Parent Training, Third Edition is a valuable professional resource for child psychologists, school psychologists, and all mental health professionals with an interest in parent skills training.