From distinguished researcher/clinician Russell A. Barkley, this treasured parent resource gives you the science-based information you need about attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and its treatment. It also presents a proven eight-step behavior management plan specifically designed for 6- to 18-year-olds with ADHD. Offering encouragement, guidance, and loads of practical tips, Dr. Barkley helps you:
- Make sense of your child’s symptoms.
- Get an accurate diagnosis.
- Work with school and health care professionals to get needed support.
- Learn parenting techniques that promote better behavior.
- Strengthen your child’s academic and social skills.
- Use rewards and incentives effectively.
- Restore harmony at home.
Updated throughout with current research and resources, the third edition includes the latest facts about medications and about what causes (and doesn’t cause) ADHD.