Without sugarcoating the facts, internationally renowned ADHD expert Russell A. Barkley explains what ADHD is all about and how you can tell if your spouse, partner, friend, adult child, or sibling may have it.
He shows how to guide your loved one toward the right treatment and, using real-life examples, answers questions such as:
- What health risks does ADHD impose on those who have it?
- Why am I feeling resentful toward my loved one with ADHD?
- What can I do to help my loved one at home, at work, and in other areas of life?
- How can I avoid wasting time and money on sham treatments?
- What if my loved one doesn’t want help?
Adults with ADHD can achieve their goals and live out big dreams — and you can help.
In this book you will learn practical steps for helping your loved one accept and manage his or her disorder, and pursue unique, often nontraditional pathways to success.