Just like how lifting weights helps your muscles get stronger, trying new things without giving up strengthens your brain.
Written by an educator and psychologist, this fun and engaging introduction to the anatomy and functions of the brain will empower each young reader to S-T-R-E-T-C-H and grow their fantastic, elastic brain!
Praise for Your Fantastic Elastic Brain:
“Dr. Deak has done a masterful job of creating a book for children, parents, and teachers to learn about the human brain together. The information is accessible and understandable, with illustrations that are engaging, fun, and alive! This is great reading material for everyone and will elicit many expressions of ‘Now I get it!’ from the adults!” –Fretta Reitzes, Director, Goldman Center, 92nd Street Y
“Your Fantastic Elastic Brain is a wonderful, engaging book for parents and teachers to read with young children. It presents accurate information about the brain and how it relates to our lives…fostering motivation to learn and grow, consistent with our programs and research led by Carol Dweck, PhD.” –Eduardo Briceño, Co-Founder & CEO, Mindset Works
“Dr. Deak writes in a clear and interesting way about the complexity of the human brain, enhancing the knowledge of teachers and students. This book is a real contribution to the field of education in the twenty-first century.” –Joyce S. Pickering, Hum.D., Executive Director Emerita, Shelton School & Evaluation Center
Awards for Your Fantastic Elastic Brain:
- The Mom’s Choice Gold Award
- The Moonbeam Gold Award for Non-Fiction Picture Book
- The Pewter Gold Ink Award for Distinguished Printing
- The Parent’s Choice Silver Award for Interior Design, Children’s/Young Adult
- The Nautilus Silver Award for Children’s Non-Fiction
- The IBPA Benjamin Franklin Silver Winner for Interior Design, Children’s/Young Adult
- Next Generation Indie Award Finalist for Children’s/Juvenile Nonfiction